Thursday, August 16, 2012

Austin Fashion Fail

So, I went to Austin as previously mentioned to see friends and to participate in Austin Fashion Week. I really had no idea what this would entail but after living in Dallas and going to some fashion events this is pretty much what I expected: runway shows, stylish people, cocktail parties, mingling and seeing some really cool new stuff.

Let's just say it, Austin is not known for fashion, food yes, fashion no. I should have known that it wouldn't be like Dallas of course because the culture of the city is completely different. However, I never expected it to be that bad!

I could describe it as pretty much handing out coupons for stores in the mall and the only runway show I saw was in Dillards where the store associates modeled the shoes that are currently for sale in the store. Nothing new, no up and coming designers, just Sally from sales rocking some Gianni Bini wedges.

Even though there was no networking, I did get to see some old friends and enjoy a Cappuccino overlooking the lake at Mozart's.




Before I headed home, I had lunch with Jen at the Blue Dahlia and it was delicious! I highly recommend checking it out if you're in town.  And after you eat, head next door to the adorable shop Take Heart

I loved all the raw wood displays and the simplicity of the shop. 


We chatted with Nina, the owner who was so cute and sweet and I found these adorable handmade ceramic catch-alls. 



They will be perfect on my desk!


Be sure to check out Take Heart and say hi to Nina! Tonight is the first Mid-Century Modern home tour for Historic Tyler and I can't wait to go see one of Tyler's Wilcox homes. I'll be sure to take lots of pics and fill you in tomorrow!

Jessica





1 comment:

  1. I wish you'd been with us the first year. Jen and I went to at least two runway shows that were absolutely insane. I'm sure she told you about them. Maybe someday the scene will come back around. I just think the format this year sounded like a flop.

    Never been to this store! Must stop by!

    ReplyDelete