Friday, February 22, 2013

Cottage in the Woods


Lately I have been obsessed with cute, tiny cottages in the forest. I would love to have a place to escape daily living and just relax and read a good book. However, I am kind of a snob so the rustic cabin with no bathroom is just not for me.

I want to go to a place that is just as beautiful as the setting it's in. Or better yet, I want to OWN a place like this so I can just go anytime I feel like it!

Here are some places that I have been dreaming of:

 tiny cabin, Cottage in the woods, getaway from it all, tiny cabin, cute cabin, , secluded,
I love this space that is built with re-purposed materials

darling cottage, shingled cottage,  living in small spaces, getaway from it all, adorable living
Aww, those shingles! Adorable

 yellow front door, fairytale cottage,  cute cottage, thatch roof,, tulips,european cottage
Or maybe a fairytale cottage. Love that bright yellow door.

 green shutters, cute cottage, house in the woods, picket fence, trees, lovely living place
It must have a picket fence around it.

deck modern, Modern cabin, big window, modern simple living, cabin with a view
Or maybe something really modern. Just enough space for two!

awesome log cabin, rustic cabin, log in the woods, modern log cabin, country living, , log cottage
This is a really cool take on a log cabin. And the setting is beautiful!

shingled tree house, tree house, fairytale cottage in woods, cabin shingled
Or maybe a tree house feel? This just looks so mysterious. I would love to spend the weekend camped out in this place.

european stone house, cottage stone, farm house, stone house, cute stone cabin
Of course, stone cottages are also drool worthy!

cabin stone, red front door, country stone house, cottage dormer windows
I love the european feel of a stone salt box cottage.

 small cabin, tiny cottage in woods, living simpler, cottage cute, windows cottage
Now this is just too cute for words. It looks like a tiny playhouse for grown-ups!

Ok, so they're are a lot of options for the outside of my tiny cottage. Now let's take a look at some interiors:

 tiny cottage interior, small space layout, bunk loft. sliding ladder
It is probably going to be tiny so we will need to do some creative space planning like this little cottage. I love the ladder with the sleeping loft.

modern pool house, small space living, sleeping loft, ladder, modern cottage,
Another great example of maximizing space.

cute cottage bunk room, country cottage bedroom, iron beds, blue quilts,
But, I do want it to have the country cottage feel. I love this bunk room and the blue quilts.

remodel, one room house, Tiny cottage, Colorado cottage, stone cottage, remodel, one room house, curved front door, green cabinets, rolling island, wood trusses, farmhouse sink, Eames chair ARCHITECTURE & INTERIOR DESIGN by TKP Architects PHOTO by Emily Minton Redfield MORE INFO at: www.mountainlivin...
I love all the rustic beams in this little cottage, not to mention the adorable mint green kitchen cabinets.

Now who could forget the cutest little cottage of all:

 Iris' house,The holiday stone cottage, cottage iris the holiday
Iris' stone cottage from the movie "The Holiday"

holiday stone cottage, Stone Iris' house, country stone cottage the holiday, stone fireplace,
When I saw this movie, all I could pay attention to was this adorable cottage.

metal tub, Stone Iris' house, country stone cottage the holiday, stone fireplace, holiday stone cottage
I LOVE the tiny bathroom with the stone wall. However, not too practical for us tall folks.

reading nook, holiday reading, holiday bathroom, stone cottage bathroom, Stone Iris' house, country stone cottage the holiday, stone fireplace, holiday stone cottage
The cottage must have a reading nook like this for all the books I am going to be reading since there won't be any TV.

The holiday cottage kitchen, holiday bathroom, stone cottage bathroom, Stone Iris' house, country stone cottage the holiday, stone fireplace, holiday stone cottage
The fireplace in the kitchen makes the space sooooo cozy!

Maybe someday I will have a special little place like this of my own, but for now, I will just keep dreaming.

~Jessica





2 comments:

  1. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit At Sykes Cottages Voucher Codes: http://www.collectoffers.com/Sykes+Cottages
    Sykes Cottages is the perfect online destination for you to turn your dream holiday into a reality
    with its wide range of cottages in the England and Ireland.

    ReplyDelete